Contains the overall curriculum record for students. There is one row per student per curriculum, with the earliest start term and the latest end term, and academic information corresponding to their latest available term. Overall statistics such as the student's GPA, credits attempted, credits earned, classification, etc., are all based on the latest availble term. If the student has graduated from the curriculum found in ST_DEGREE_PURSUAL, their corresponding graduation information can be found in the ST_DEGREE_OUTCOME table.
ST_DEGREE_PURSUAL is essentially a rolled-up record of all of the curriculum term records found in ST_DEGREE_TERM. See cautions and notes for more about the definition of a Degree Pursual.
The warehouse ST_DEGREE_PURSUAL table is refreshed in batch mode from the Operational Data Store (ODS), which gets its data from the Banner database. The ODS source tables are UPENN_ODS.SATURN_SORLCUR and UPENN_ODS.SATURN_SHRTTRM. In the online Pennant system, the data about students' curriculum can be found on the SGASTDN form.
- Identify students who are expecting to graduate in a specified term.
- Report on students' current cumulative GPA.
- Find students who have a deferred admit.
- Identify students who went on leave and have not yet returned.
||Indexed Data Elements
Cautions and notes
- The definition of a degree pursual is essential for reporting on curricular data. It is this definition that determines the assignment of the DWLD_CURRIC_ID. Rows for a student in both ST_DEGREE_TERM and ST_DEGREE_PURSUAL are assigned a DWLD_CURRIC_ID to allow reporting that connects matching curriculum records. The Data Standards group has reviewed and recommends the following criteria for defining a unique degree pursual (which therefore goes into the logic for assigning the DWLD_CURRIC_ID):
Students who are in the full time Engineering undergraduate division ('EU'): a unique degree pursual is comprised of all curricular records (source SATURN_SORLCUR) that have a common DIVISION.
Students who are in the other three full time undergraduate divisions ('AU','NU','WU'): a unique degree pursual is comprised of all curricular records (source SATURN_SORLCUR) that have a common DIVISION and DEGREE.
Students who are in any PhD program: a unique degree pursual is comprised of all curricular records (source SATURN_SORLCUR) that have a common DIVISION and DEGREE.
Students in any other program: a unique degree pursual is comprised of all curricular records (source SATURN_SORLCUR) that have a common DIVISION and DEGREE and PRIMARY MAJOR and CAMPUS.
- Note that for PhD students, an associated Research Masters' degree can be considered part of the pursual of the Phd. There are specific columns in the ST_DEGREE_PURSUAL table to help manage time-to-degree for PhD students who may have started the Research Masters prior to starting the PhD. See PHD_CURRIC_COUNT, PHD_MASTERS_CURRIC_ID, and PHD_START_OF_PROGRAM.
Questions about this page? Email us at email@example.com